Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Retrans fees... Here We Go Again...

Seems just like last week KTHV was in a squabble with Dish Network over retransmission fees. Well that squabble was worked out...but here KTHV is again NOW with Direct TV.  According to a message on its website, channel 11 is in a position to be pulled from the video service provider come midnight November 30th.  

Attention DirecTV Subscribers

Starting at midnight November 30, KTHV may no longer be available on DirecTV. That means you could lose access to blockbuster college football and basketball, your favorite CBS entertainment programs and NFL football as well as your local news, weather and sports. Tell DirecTV to keep your CBS station KTHV by calling 1-888-777-2454.  

Information about KTHV on DirecTV

In order for KTHV to be delivered to your home, we negotiate agreements for the rights to carry our station with video service providers like DirecTV. KTHV has agreements in place with all of the video providers in our area. In fact, we have never had a service disruption with a major distributor before. Just this past October, we successfully reached a multi-year agreement with DISH Network without any disruption for our viewers.

Unfortunately, so far DirecTV has refused to reach a fair, market-based agreement with us – even though terms being offered are similar to those which allowed us to reach a deal with DISH Network just this past October. If a deal is not reached by midnight on November 30, DirecTV subscribers will lose access to KTHV.

11 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, November 28, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am already paying $25 a month more with all the other retransmission increases, and now they want even more? What a load of old s#*t!

 
At 9:48 PM, November 28, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not going to pay for TV, I just watch the commercials and that pays the bill for my TV watching. I get all of the Shreveport stations and some of the Monroe stations at my home. However when I am at my vacation home in Hot Springs, I don't get any TV because it is too far from a transmitter. Why don't they have local stations in Hot Springs?

 
At 8:54 AM, November 29, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The programmers are digging their own graves with greed. People are fed up with paying 100 bucks a month for a bunch of channels they don't really want - since only a handful of them are worth watching. More people will be streaming a la carte & cutting cable tv.

The money they make from Progressive Flo alone should pay for everyone in the country. They advertise non-stop on every channel.

 
At 10:27 AM, November 29, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth. Everyone I know watch less then 10% of the channels they are paying for every month.

 
At 1:09 PM, November 29, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't really matter to me what they do. I receive Channel 11 (actually channel 12 now) over-the-air and could care less what DirecTV does.

 
At 4:59 PM, November 29, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankfully I am leaving Little Rock, and Arkansas, so I only have to deal with this until January.

 
At 8:27 PM, November 29, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure that this is not just limited to the LR market. It's the same at every station whenever DTV wants to raise it's rates. So don't think you can just move away from it.

Don't worry, an agreement WILL be reached and life will go on in that vast wasteland called commercial television.

 
At 10:46 PM, November 29, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@8:27 PM

I have already done the research. Unlike here, DirecTV has already negotiated long term contracts with all of the stations in the market where I am moving.

 
At 11:50 AM, December 01, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure sounds like KTHV is the common problem here. DirecTV expands their advertising base. They should not demand another dime from DTV.

 
At 12:23 PM, December 01, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was getting upset as I read the scroll....I might lose the SEC Championship Game, top shows, NFL Football....OK THV you have my attention, but then they reminded me that I might also lose THV news....well at least there's some good news. We can only hope.

 
At 12:42 AM, December 02, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to know where all the shootings and wrecks are, just buy a scanner and there you go. No need to watch TV.

I guess that KATV will be next, followed by KLRT and that other station . . . can't think of it right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home