Monday, February 04, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday Not So Super for NWA

This from a tipster: KFTA and KNWA went off the air at approximately 3:20pm today, Super Bowl Sunday, 2/3. This did not effect Cox Cable, but apparently every other way of getting the broadcast was effected including off air, Direct TV and Dish Network. I personally have Direct TV.
The KNWA signal was lost with approximately 3 minutes to go in the Montreal / New York Rangers game. This was a very close game and the signal was lost at the most critical time in the game. Of course, there was no other way to get it. When I switched to Direct Tv channel 24 for the Super Bowl, there was no signal. I waited a half hour before giving up and driving 10 miles to my son's house(he has Cox). I understand that Direct Tv eventually found a way to get the Super Bowl to their customers, but it was too late for me as I left before they came up with a solution.

As of 11pm tonight, there is still no KNWA signal.