Friday, July 01, 2005

Iler Speaks About Accomplishments at KARK

The Rick Iler soap opera continues today. And the rumor from weeks ago is true, he's off to Phoenix. Iler spoke with Arkansas Business.com about his new job:
“It’s just a great situation,” said Iler, whose last day at KARK will be July 22. “Meredith and I have been talking for a few months and they had a couple of good opportunities and different jobs they had within the company, and I weighed all the options and just felt like Phoenix was a good fit for me.”

Iler had this to say about his time at KARK:
“I think what I’m most proud of is the fact that we’ve earned the respect and trust back from both our viewers and with those in the community,” said Iler. “When I first got here the station had a horrible reputation within the community and I think with all the hard work and the things we’ve done and the changes we’ve made, people have realized that we’re doing the right things as a TV station. I’m proud of that, and it’s going to keep making this station successful.”

You'll find the full article HERE.