Saturday, June 23, 2007

Arkansas Rep Wants to Make Sure Residents See Local Programming

Arkansas Congressman Mike Ross is co-sponsoring legislation that would ensure in-state programming is seen by those who want it. The bill would mean if two stations with the same network affiliation is carried by a cable TV service, both channels would be able to be broadcast to subscribers without being covered up by one another. Read full article HERE

This would apply to me as I live in Southwest Arkansas and I receive 2 ABC affiliate feeds, 2 NBC affiliate feeds and 2 CBS affiliate feeds.(one for Little Rock and one from Shreveport) Currently KTAL, the Shreveport NBC affiliate makes my cable system cover up KARK's signal all the time except during local news breaks. BUT as with all technology there are times, days at a time, where I guess the switching equipment fails and all we wind up with is 2 KTAL's.