Monday, July 04, 2005

ONLY ON ATN: Q and A with Jason Friedman on the Past and Future

Arkansas TV News asked Jason Friedman a few questions about where he is headed and about his time in Arkansas and at KARK.
  • I understand you will soon be leaving KARK for a job in a top 30 market. Can you tell us exactly where you will be going and in what capacity you will be working in? Friedman: I'm moving to WDAF, the Fox O & 0 in Kansas City. I'll be joining their investigative/special projects unit.

  • How long were you at KARK? Friedman: I started working at KARK in August of 2002.

  • Thinking back on your time of working at KARK and in Arkansas, what will you remember most? Friedman: I really feel like I'm leaving home. There's a lot I'll remember. Some highlights: hitting the road to cover a presidential campaign, stalking the U.S.S. Razorback, sitting down for a Death Row interview, heading to New York to collect a National Murrow. More than the stories and awards, though, I'll remember the people I worked with everyday. Sure, I question our company's commitment to news. Sure, we still have a ways to go before we're number one. That said, I have never worked with a harder working and better group of people. They've made me a better journalist and, I hope, a better person.

ATN thanks Jason for answering our e-mail.

UPDATE: It was announced during the 10PM newscast, today was Jason's last day at KARK.

9 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, July 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God who does this guy thinks he is? I mean he was good but he wasn't that good! Everyone acts like he is Gods gift to reporting. KC is Top 30 not top 10. I hope he never wants to work for Nexstar again! I have never seen anyone slam thier company in an exit interview for a web site. Not very smart...

 
At 7:47 AM, July 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is right on. Good for him to tell the truth.

 
At 11:53 AM, July 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like he doesn't want to ever work for Nexstar again... and my guess is there is more dirty laundry he could have aired.

 
At 2:17 PM, July 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since KARK is the flagship of Nexstar, and I seriously doubt they will ever own anything above market 40, I don't think Jason has to worry about too much about working for them again. What he said was mild for what he could have said. I'm sure most station owners care most about their bottom line, but Nexstar makes it so abundantly clear that nothing else matters.
I'm proud of Jason. And the reason we all revere him so much is that he is very good for this market; he could have left long ago. But mostly because he is one hell of a nice guy.

 
At 2:48 PM, July 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any other KARK people leaving? Or, is the talent there so weak, that they really can't leave?

 
At 1:17 AM, July 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason Friedman was by far the best Reporter in the Rock.

The only reason he's not in a top twenty market is because
he getting what he wants
and thats is Indepth Reporting at KC.

As far as the rest of the talent
at KARK, we easily hold our on.

 
At 6:44 AM, July 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank Jason for the above post.

 
At 1:29 PM, July 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KATV easily has the best reporters.

KARK and KTHV are tied for second.

Fox and WB are, well, uh, well.....

 
At 5:02 PM, December 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/541215/ax_falls_at_wdaf_newsroom/index.html?source=r_technology

 

Post a Comment

<< Home