Monday, July 04, 2005

ONLY ON ATN: Q and A with Jason Friedman on the Past and Future

Arkansas TV News asked Jason Friedman a few questions about where he is headed and about his time in Arkansas and at KARK.
  • I understand you will soon be leaving KARK for a job in a top 30 market. Can you tell us exactly where you will be going and in what capacity you will be working in? Friedman: I'm moving to WDAF, the Fox O & 0 in Kansas City. I'll be joining their investigative/special projects unit.

  • How long were you at KARK? Friedman: I started working at KARK in August of 2002.

  • Thinking back on your time of working at KARK and in Arkansas, what will you remember most? Friedman: I really feel like I'm leaving home. There's a lot I'll remember. Some highlights: hitting the road to cover a presidential campaign, stalking the U.S.S. Razorback, sitting down for a Death Row interview, heading to New York to collect a National Murrow. More than the stories and awards, though, I'll remember the people I worked with everyday. Sure, I question our company's commitment to news. Sure, we still have a ways to go before we're number one. That said, I have never worked with a harder working and better group of people. They've made me a better journalist and, I hope, a better person.

ATN thanks Jason for answering our e-mail.

UPDATE: It was announced during the 10PM newscast, today was Jason's last day at KARK.