Monday, February 25, 2013

Another Reporter/Anchor Rollin' Out of the Rock

Lauren Trager is leaving KARK.  Trager made the announcement on her Facebook page.  Trager is leaving for KMOV, the CBS affiliate in St. Louis, MO.  Trager has been with KARK since August 2008.  Below is her announcement:

It is with very mixed emotions I make this announcement to you all: I'm leaving KARK. Ever since my first day, (08-08-08!) I have felt so honored to be a part of this incredible news team and to deliver news that matters to people in this great state. Our viewers are the best out there; I cannot even begin to tell you how much I've appreciated your interest in my stories and your support of me as a journalist. But, in this profession, as in others, you often have to keep an eye open for new opportunities. And that's what I did. I'm thrilled to announce I have accepted a position at KMOV, the CBS affiliate in St. Louis. This is a big advancement in my career and one that very much excites me. I am so sad to be leaving here, but I'm looking forward to starting this new adventure. I will be anchoring my last weekend show tonight at 10 and my official last day is Wednesday. Please feel free to keep up with me here on facebook, or on my Twitter. @LaurenTrager. Thank you for all the kindness you have shown me here. I'll always be so fond of my time in Arkansas. Best wishes to you all!