Monday, February 25, 2013

Another Reporter/Anchor Rollin' Out of the Rock

Lauren Trager is leaving KARK.  Trager made the announcement on her Facebook page.  Trager is leaving for KMOV, the CBS affiliate in St. Louis, MO.  Trager has been with KARK since August 2008.  Below is her announcement:

It is with very mixed emotions I make this announcement to you all: I'm leaving KARK. Ever since my first day, (08-08-08!) I have felt so honored to be a part of this incredible news team and to deliver news that matters to people in this great state. Our viewers are the best out there; I cannot even begin to tell you how much I've appreciated your interest in my stories and your support of me as a journalist. But, in this profession, as in others, you often have to keep an eye open for new opportunities. And that's what I did. I'm thrilled to announce I have accepted a position at KMOV, the CBS affiliate in St. Louis. This is a big advancement in my career and one that very much excites me. I am so sad to be leaving here, but I'm looking forward to starting this new adventure. I will be anchoring my last weekend show tonight at 10 and my official last day is Wednesday. Please feel free to keep up with me here on facebook, or on my Twitter. @LaurenTrager. Thank you for all the kindness you have shown me here. I'll always be so fond of my time in Arkansas. Best wishes to you all!

20 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, February 25, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of Luck! Nice area and bigger market. Bye to all you small minded and country folks!

 
At 8:00 PM, February 25, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren, you did a great job reporting and anchoring while in Little Rock. Best wishes in your in your new position.

 
At 10:11 PM, February 25, 2013, Blogger Jason Wood said...

I Agree with 8 PM 110 percent Best Of Luck

 
At 9:57 AM, February 26, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trager was one of the better ones in the market. I'll miss her.

 
At 10:19 AM, February 26, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happily worked with her for a few months. Smart, ambitious, attractive, and tenacious. All great qualities that will serve her well as she climbs the ladder.

 
At 11:06 AM, February 26, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder if she can go by THV & take Liz & Mark with her after she picks up Christina, the Daybreak crew & the red head & movie reviewer from KATV

 
At 11:36 AM, February 26, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Lauren, keep moving forward.

 
At 1:57 PM, February 26, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I appreciate about Lauren is that she's focused on being a journalist first and TV personalty second.

Both are important.

But for those of us who still believe journalism plays a critical role then your priority must be about being a real reporter.

Lauren brings original story ideas to editorial meetings. She has developed proprietary sources. She's smart. She's well read. And her on-air skills continue to develop.

She will do fine in St. Louis. The Little Rock TV news market is losing one of its legit TV reporters.

 
At 9:49 AM, February 27, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she is pretty good too, but she will be forgotten in a matter of weeks. That is just the nature of things.

 
At 10:50 AM, February 27, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they will be smart and hire Wendi back for the weekend. Or some of the others they layed off. Isn't the weekend girl on 16 leaving as well?

 
At 11:44 AM, February 27, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Wendy played a game and lost. That should be warning to all of you.

 
At 2:43 PM, February 27, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please! Wendy wanted out, and looks to me like she won. Walked away with a fat severence and other offers. Quit trying to bully your employees.

 
At 10:21 PM, February 27, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Nexstar lost by not going the extra mile to keep her. But that's a given for a cheap company that won't bother for professional set lighting.

 
At 11:19 AM, February 28, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Professional set lighting? Are you nuts! We can't afford professional set lighting. We spent to much money buying identical sets and graphics for our other stations.

 
At 11:26 AM, February 28, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bully you all I want. You are replacable. I am not. That is life and that is your dumb career choice. Anyone who works in a newsroom is as replacable as flushable wipes.

 
At 8:15 PM, February 28, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy absolutely lost. She asked for more money and was shown the door. She certainly does not have more offers right now as her agent has been begging markets all over the country to give her a job. I think she'll land on her feet, but she certainly didn't "win."

 
At 10:32 PM, February 28, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEATHSTAR strikes again. "Dun dun DUN!"
Anyone who gets out alive is a winner in my book. Good luck ladies! And Congrats!

 
At 8:06 PM, March 01, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice she didn't have anything bad to say about her station.

 
At 7:00 AM, March 05, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like sour grapes because someone didn't get the lighting job!

 
At 4:45 PM, March 05, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nexstar lost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home