Monday, March 27, 2006

Southwest Arkansas Residents: We Want Our Little Rock Stations

Southwest Arkansas residents are not happy with Direct TV about the forth-coming switch from Little Rock 'local' stations to Shreveport 'local' stations. But it looks as though there's nothing that can be done as Nielson deems Southwest Arkansas in the Shreveport DMA. Here's a quote from the article in Monday's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette:

"“I’m not interested in getting my news, weather and sports out of Louisiana,” said Barham, a rancher in central Nevada County about 20 miles south of Prescott. “I live in Arkansas. I love the [University of Arkansas ] Razorbacks. Why would I want to get anything on Centenary [College]” out of Shreveport, he asked.

Another Nevada County resident, U.S. Rep. Mike Ross, D-Prescott, said he, too, is upset with the change. “I’m actually, because I’m so mad about this, working on some legislation,” the congressman added. Ross said his proposed legislation would provide subscribers with a choice of local programming options."