Monday, June 09, 2014

Severe Weather Coverage MIA Sunday as Storms Blow Through...

I guess regular programming was just to more important to covere severe weather Sunday night.  Tornado warnings were in effect during the early evening for the Texarkana area..and yet not one station covered the warnings. An emailer says KMSS/Shreveport did cover it.....  Channel 12/KSLA/Shreveport did in the last minutes of the storm as it was moving out of the Texarkana area.  Channel 6/KTAL and KTBS/Channel were both MIA..even on the internet.  I was surprised as KTAL in the past had done a great job covering storms on the internet.


And should we talk about the Little Rock stations?  Everyone except KTHV/Channel 11 missed the boat.  Tornado warnings were issued for the metro area around 9 or so...Channel 11 broke in with coverage and stayed with it until their newscast time.  I had to wonder where Channel 4's "Arkansas' Weather Team" was...they surely weren't on the air.  I will say I can't speak about what KLRT did as I don't receive KLRT.  I guess a pageant and a basketball game I think it was, was more important than giving out tornado warnings...

I stand corrected that some of the above mentioned stations did break in for a mention or two.  Was just spotty coverage.