Sunday, August 12, 2012

Anchor Signs Off After Six Years in LR

Today is Heather Crawford's last day anchoring for KATV/Channel 7.  Crawford posted this letter on KATV.com:

I have tears in my eyes writing this letter. Tonight at 10 I will anchor my final show at KATV, and next week I will be moving with my family to Jacksonville, FL.

The past six years have been truly unforgettable.  We've been through so much together, the birth of my two children, the loss of my dear friend and colleague Anne Pressly, and so many other highs and lows.  I want to thank you for the bottom of my heart for inviting me into your homes each night to deliver the news.  I have been so blessed to work at such a wonderful television station and do what I love.  KATV truly is a family, and I've had the honor of working with so many talented individuals both in front of and behind the camera. It's hard to imagine leaving, but I'm getting ready to embark on a new adventure in the Sunshine State where I will continue my news career.

Arkansans are some of the nicest people in the world, and this state will always hold a special place in my heart. My two children will always be Arkansans having been born here, and we plan to come back and visit often.

While change can be scary I take comfort in one of my favorite Bible verses in Philippians. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Thank you Arkansas for six wonderful years.  Please keep in touch on Facebook. May God bless you and your family.

Fondly,
Heather Crawford