40/29 Boasting Big Morning Numbers....
Source: KHBS/KHOG Press Release
KHBS/KHOG-TV’s 40/29 News Sunrise was the most watched morning news in the Fort Smith/Fayetteville market during the May 2012 ratings period. 40/29 News Sunrise won the 4:30 – 7:00 a.m. time period in both the Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49 ratings.
“Our team has worked very hard to deliver a morning newscast that reflects the needs of our viewers,” said KHBS/KHOG-TV President and General Manager, Brian Sather. “Our morning newscasts provide lots of weather and two live reporters covering the most important overnight developments, and it’s clear from the May ratings, viewers appreciate what we’re doing,” added Sather.
In other newscasts, 40/29 News at 5:00 p.m. won its time period in Women 25-54 ratings, 40/29 News at 6:00 p.m. had its best performance since May 2011, while 40/29 News at 10:00 p.m. won its time period on both Saturday and Sunday nights.
KHBS/KHOG-TV saw impressive ratings in other dayparts:
- ABC’s Good Morning America is Fort Smith/Fayetteville’s # 1 network morning news. In May, GMA won the 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. time period in all major demographics with a 2.7 rating/26 % share in Adults 18-49, a 3.8 rating/32% share in Adults 25-54, a 3.5 rating/24% share in Women 18-49 and a 4.7rating/31% share in Women 25-54. GMA has been # 1 for 16 consecutive rating books in Adults and Women 25-54, and 19 consecutive weeks in Adults and Women 18-49.
- The View was the top-rated program in the 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. time period in major women demographics. Kelly ranked #1 in the 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. time period with .8 rating/12% share in Adults 18-49, a 1.4 rating/16% share in Adults 25-54 and a 1.4 rating/13% share in Women 25-54 . The View topped the competition with a 2.1 rating/27% share in Women 18-49 and a 2.5 rating/23% share in Women 25-54 .
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show won the 3:00 p.m. hour in all major demos, and Dr. Oz continues to be # 1 at 4:00 p.m. with a 1.7 rating/17% share in Adults 18-49, a 2.4 rating/18% share in Adults 25-54, a 3.0 rating/22% share in Women 18-49 and a 4.1 rating/25% share in Women 25-54 .
- In primetime, ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy was the top-rated drama among major women demographics, reaching an 11.4 rating/28% share in Women 18-49 and a 10.9 rating/23% share in Women 25-54. Among all new dramas, Once Upon A Time and Revenge ranked # 1 and # 2 respectively, in Women 25-54 demographics.
- When it comes to comedies, Modern Family was top rated in Women 18-49 demographics, scoring a 9.0 rating/19% share.
Nielsen Media Research measures television station viewing four times a year. May is considered by many to be the most important ratings period. The research findings include viewing levels for a host of different demographic groups along with households. Adults 25-54 is the most common demographic group and one that is highly sought after by advertisers. Adults 18-49 is another demographic group critical to many key advertisers.
Source: Nielsen Media Research, May 2012