Saturday, May 27, 2006

Goodbye Letter From Charles Salser

This from the 20/49 website:

"To You the Viewers-

My tenure here at 40/29 has been incredible and extremely memorable. You the viewers have been so warm to me and my family over the years, and for that we cannot say thank you enough. It has been a tremendous joy working to keep the public safe from severe storms, speaking to schools, civic groups and local church organizations.

I will especially miss the annual Camp Barnabas Golf tourney in Holiday Island to benefit special needs children. I will miss reporting to you the weather and the summer backyard weathers. I never knew what to expect, but boy were they fun! I remember a few of those distinctly: the one where my cables hung up on the outdoor hammock and live on television I flipped upside down; it was hilarious! And of course, the time where my camera man and I jumped into the pool on a hot summer afternoon. And you the viewers, the "Oh, you are taller than I thought you were," and the "Wow, you are thinner than you look on television" comments. My smile was driven each day by a genuine passion and love for my work, but more importantly, the fact that I was making a difference in your lives.

I will miss what makes this area so great, and that is walking into a coffee shop or restaurant and having people smile at you, call you by name and say thanks for the weather today!

You may be wondering why I am leaving you; well it's all for good I assure you. I have accepted a position as Lifegroups Pastor for LifeChurch in Oklahoma City. There, I will be working for the people just like I have here at 40/29, only this time trying to keep them safe from the storms of life.

Behind the scenes, I have been working my way through seminary, while working on staff at my local church here in town. Finally, after nearly ten years of wrestling with the call to ministry, I have humbly accepted.

I leave you and in the extremely capable hands of Drew Michaels, an excellent meteorologist, a good friend and a great guy who loves the area and its viewers. Again, thank you for your hospitality, for your trust and most of all, your loyalty.

May God bless each of you; maybe someday our paths will cross again?

P.S. Pastor Ronnie Floyd left me with a memorable quote that I would like to share with you: "Believe that it is so, even when it isn't so, in order for it to be so,"

I think that's the essence of faith!

Charles Salser
40/29 KHBS-KHOG TV"