Monday, August 15, 2005

Mitch Mustain Presser Coverage

An e-mailer sums up the NWA coverage for us:

"The Northwest Arkansas coverage was dropped by two stations. KFSM cut away before Andrew Norman made his announcement. KNWA had really bad audio and Bo Mattingly was talking all over the coverage making himself the story rather than the announcement and they didn't cover Norman's announcement live either. 40/29 did the best job with Derek Burleson letting the thing happen and showing both Norman and Mustain's annoucement. They stayed on the longest live and did the best job."

I, DCG, will provide what I observed as far as the Little Rock stations. I was flipping from station to station and noticed KTHV didn't lead with the press conference and to my knowledge did not carry it LIVE. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. KARK lead with the presser and basically simulcasted KNWA's coverage. Bo did talk while Mustain was trying to talk. As for KATV it carried the announcement live AND it lead the 6 o'clock news. KATV dubbed it the Razorback Report. That intro followed the 6pm newscast opening.