Friday, August 01, 2014

KARK Morning Anchor Leaving

KARK/Channel 4/Little Rock morning anchor Matt Mosler has announced he will be leaving the station at the end of August to go into the ministry full-time.  Here's his post to facebook followers:

Big news from Matt Mosler this morning:
 

Dear Friends,
 

It is with a great deal of excitement that I announce after a wonderfully fulfilling and rewarding 28-year career in radio and television I’ll be leaving KARK on Friday, August 29th and joining the pastoral staff of New Life Church’s Greater Little Rock campus on Monday, September 1st.
 

Camille and I are incredibly grateful to Pastor Rick Bezet and the entire staff of NLC for this opportunity to continue my ministry full-time with this great fellowship. Among my new duties at NLC I will be encouraging and motivating others to fulfill their own ministries through the church’s Connect classes as well as helping lead the men’s ministry at the Greater Little Rock campus. Just thinking about the possibilities of ministering at a church with the resources and the passion of New Life makes me dizzy!
 

With Pastor Rick’s encouragement I will continue to accept the opportunities, as time allows, to share in other churches as well as maintain my leadership of the CrossHeirs Retreat Center in Humphrey, AR. This year we will host retreats and events for more than 110 churches, ministries and families. It’s amazing to see what God has done at this “little log cabin.” It is so encouraging to see the impact teaching, training and retreating has on the lives of our guests.
This is a decision I have wrestled with for a couple of years now after I was first approached by NLC. While ministry has always been my passion I really enjoy working at KARK and the time never felt right to close the door on a profession that has been so good to me and my family. However, my youngest daughter will be heading off to college later this month, our CrossHeirs Retreat Center is really doing well and, frankly, at my steadily advancing age it was getting tougher and tougher to answer that 2:50am wake-up call! So after much prayer and counsel I had a real peace that now was the time to step away from the early hours of morning TV and begin this next step in life’s journey.
 

I am so thankful the management of KARK gave me the opportunity to return to Little Rock television in 2006. They have always been very supportive and encouraging of my ministry endeavors. I can’t thank them enough for their commitment and generosity and hope to continue to pop up on the airwaves now and then if they ever need me.
 

Now, the hard part- Boy, am I going to miss the daily interaction with Mallory Brooks, Greg Dee and the staff of KARK 4 Today. When you come to work in the middle of the night there are no managers or sales staff or…anyone for that matter so you and your crew quickly become like family. You see each other at their best and worst and love them through it all. Greg Dee is one of the best meteorologists I’ve ever worked with. His knowledge and work ethic is inspiring. And Mallory…well…I have worked with some incredible co-hosts over the years but no one longer and none better than this young lady. It’s been such a pleasure to see her grow personally and professionally in the 5 years we have sat together at that desk. She is a real pro and probably one of the nicest people I have ever been around. What a treat it has been to work with such a great team.
 

So, thank you again for all of your support over the years. I’m so blessed God called us to this state in 1996 and proud to call her home. I look forward to this new challenge and opportunity to continue serving the great people of Arkansas. You really are the best! God bless you, and if you get a chance I would love to see you sometime at NLC!