Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Shreveport Anchor Leaving

Long time Shreveport anchor Ed Walsh is leaving KTBS/Channel 3.  He announced his plans on his facebook page:

To my Facebook friends, this is one of the hardest things I've had to write since joining many, many years ago. But this afternoon, I tendered my resignation from KTBS 3. After 10 and a half years. I have been offered the most incredible opportunity to handle public relations/community relations for Caesars Entertainment. I'll be working out of the Horseshoe and Harrah's Louisiana Downs in Bossier City. Words cannot describe what I'm feeling right now. I have loved every minute of every morning show. But there comes a time in your life when you have to assess what is right for you. I have chosen to start the trek down a new path. I want to thank you for your support, encouragement and love. The show must and will go on without me. Wendi and Brian will do a wonderful job, until Chrissi can return from her maternity leave. Thank you once again.