Sunday, June 01, 2008

KFSM Met Leaves for South Carolina

This from the KFSM Weather Blog:

My last show on 5NEWS is Sunday morning. I have had such a wonderful experience living in Fort Smith and getting to know the community and becoming part of the 5NEWS family. The people of Fort Smith, Fayetteville, Rogers, Clarksville, etc. have been so supportive and friendly to me and I'll never forget it!

I am headed to Greenville, South Carolina to take a job as Chief Meteorologist at WHNS-TV. This move is a big one for me professionally and personally. It is a big step up in my career but also gets my fiance and I closer to family.

Brad and Garrett are 2 of the best meteorologists in the business, and I have learned so much from them... from "why Fayetteville gets so cold on calm nights" to "how much ice will Benton County see in the next ice storm". They are true professionals, but really cool too! I'll be faced with new challenges in Greenville including ice storms, hurricanes and severe weather.

Thanks again for all of your kind words and support through the past 2 years.

Kendra

16 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, June 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you Kendra. I wish you only the best.

 
At 11:36 PM, June 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It is a big step up in my career but also gets my fiance and I closer to family."

... gets my fiance and me closer to family.

Kendra is not a print journalist.

 
At 12:28 AM, June 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ice storm? Does the term winter stoooooooorm mean anything to anybody here?

But seriously, is the ice storm the only memories you have of your time here. For the rest of us, get a life, please.

 
At 4:08 AM, June 02, 2008, Anonymous Sarah Tipton said...

This is such a wonderful move on Kendra's part. I attended graduate school with her and have nothing but a tremendous amount of respect for this woman's class, intelligence, and poise. She will be one of the few female chief meteorologists in the country and will handle it with grace.

Congratulations, PKK!

 
At 10:09 AM, June 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She did a great job here! Seems like a real person not some over inflated ego for no good reason. Good luck to her!

 
At 1:55 PM, June 02, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kendra is no Meredith Mitchell. I sure am glad Meredith is not leaving. KTHV needs to go ahead and promote her to chief met, before she gets better offers from other stations in the region. She is by far the hottest tv personality in the region, if not the nation!

 
At 8:26 AM, June 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never saw Kendra. Did she have a nice rack ?????

 
At 2:07 PM, June 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any way Mike Francis can go too ?

 
At 2:34 PM, June 03, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck Kendra. Your opportunity is well deserved.

 
At 4:35 PM, June 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kendra, you will be missed! All the best to you!

 
At 12:41 AM, June 07, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a viewer, I am going to miss Kendra. She was always cool and collective when storms were in the area.

Garrett tends to go a little bonkers with all the technology at his fingertips.

 
At 12:26 PM, June 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kendra has no rack whatsoever ...maybe greenville will buy her a pair

 
At 12:28 PM, June 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool and collective?? i'm starting to be sorry i even read this crap

 
At 6:30 AM, June 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both of the new weathercasters on KARK are better, on camera, than the chief weathercaster. Much less drama, not as many stupid remarks.

 
At 1:42 PM, June 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garrett like some weatherpeople do tend to get all excited with the technology when tornadoes and such occur, but hey its their Christmas. I agree with Kendra being a real person and very likeable. Good luck to her. I hope Greenville gets her some new outfits.

 
At 2:43 AM, June 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to live in Dardanelle, and i did not like Meredith Mitchell. I didn't like KTHV for all that matters. I grew up in the Fort Smith area and grew up watchin 5 News. KFSM is the Best & Always Will Be! GOOD LUCK KENDRA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home