Sunday, June 01, 2008

KFSM Met Leaves for South Carolina

This from the KFSM Weather Blog:

My last show on 5NEWS is Sunday morning. I have had such a wonderful experience living in Fort Smith and getting to know the community and becoming part of the 5NEWS family. The people of Fort Smith, Fayetteville, Rogers, Clarksville, etc. have been so supportive and friendly to me and I'll never forget it!

I am headed to Greenville, South Carolina to take a job as Chief Meteorologist at WHNS-TV. This move is a big one for me professionally and personally. It is a big step up in my career but also gets my fiance and I closer to family.

Brad and Garrett are 2 of the best meteorologists in the business, and I have learned so much from them... from "why Fayetteville gets so cold on calm nights" to "how much ice will Benton County see in the next ice storm". They are true professionals, but really cool too! I'll be faced with new challenges in Greenville including ice storms, hurricanes and severe weather.

Thanks again for all of your kind words and support through the past 2 years.

Kendra